141 Greyscale PNG real-world heightmaps from Mojave National Preserve
Mojave National Preserve pack contains real-world heightmaps which will help you create in Unreal Engine 5, very detailed landscapes (4k and 8k resolution) identical with the terrain from Mojave National Preserve (USA). All heightmaps preserve the world scale and you can create 64 square km landscapes and 16 square km landscapes. The heightmaps are created from DEMs (Digital Elevation Models with 1 meter horizontal precision) so they are as accurate as you can get. They are not just realistic, they are perfect copies of reality so the heightmaps contains rivers, lakes, roads, footpaths. The heightmaps are perfect for games, movies, architectural visualization or any other project which requires ultra realistic outdoor environments.
VIDEO (landscape auto-material from this video is NOT part of the pack, so the pack contains only the heightmaps. If you want to use the same material from this video, it can be found in the pack Canyon Procedural Ecosystem)
The pack also contains 2 example maps 1 containing a heightmap of 64 square km and the second a heightmap of 16 square km.
The heightmaps are prefect for open-world games but they can also be used for smaller projects.
Step By Step instructions of how to integrate the heightmaps into your level:
1. Install the FREE plugins: "ILIAD"
2. Select in the Content Browser the PNG heightmap you want to use in your project as a landscape
3. Right click on the selected PNG texture (heightmap) and select Asset Actions - Export
4. Save the PNG heightmap to your hard disk (keep the same PNG format)
5. Open the map you want to import the heightmap into and select Landscape Mode
6. Choose option Import from file and select the previously exported PNG file
7. In order to keep the exact proportions of the real landscape, in the name of every heightmap you can find the X, Y and Z scales for that heightmap. For example, in the filename T_Mojave_34_XY_100_Z_152 , the X and Y scale is 100 and Z scale is 152. So type the correct XYZ scales and then press Import to import the heightmap into your level.
8. Done! In a few seconds you should see the landscape...
Features: (Please include a full, comprehensive list of the features of the product)
Texture Resolutions: (complete list)
Number of Textures: 141
Supported Development Platforms:
Mac: Not Tested
Documentation: Please check the description
Important/Additional Notes: If you want to create perfect copies of the real world landscapes, it is important to use the correct XYZ scales as explained above (Step 7).